Windage Spring Preloader – for Sinclair Competition Front Rest
Field & Cave developed our Windage Spring Preloader after witnessing what some championship long range benchrest shooters were doing to increase spring pressure on their Sinclair Competition rests. Once we dissected the factory system, its shortcomings became evident. This bolt on accessory requires no modification and will dramatically increase the tension on the windage mechanism. This makes the rest less likely to move under recoil and minimizes backlash in the system – making windage adjustments more positive and precise.
- Precision CNC machined 6061 aluminum housing
- Oilite bearing guides shoulder bolt and provides long term lubricity - occasional lubrication with 30WT motor oil or similar is recommended.
- .08” wire diameter compression spring adds approximately 22lbs of force in the center of travel
- Nylon acorn nut at contact point to protect the aluminum post carrier housing
- Spring cage and counterbore keep spring aligned with shoulder bolt for bind free operation.
- Can be used in conjunction with factory spring plunger assembly or in lieu of factory system.
- Ambidextrous design – works for left or right handed shooters
- Mounting design will accommodate slight variations in hole locations in the Sinclair base.
- All mounting hardware included.
Note: Use of our Preloader will increase effort required on the knob for windage adjustments. This is normal, but does require some getting used to. Score shooters or others making frequent large hold offs will notice this more than long range benchrest shooters.
Right handed shooters install the preloader on the right and should run the windage adjustment all the way to the left before beginning. Left handed shooters install the preloader on the left and start with the adjustment all the way to the right. Install the shorter, front screw first. Then proceed to the longer back screw (with the washer and lock nut). You will need a 3/16” Allen wrench and a 7/16” socket.